git diff FETCH_HEAD..HEAD

(before the push).  After that a push was done, and then I tried to
upload the file.  I have also done a pull in another clone of the
repository, and can see the files there too.

Uploading was done through the Review Board web site (now at 1.6.1)
using the "New Review Request" link.  (We updated to 1.6.1  from an
old beta version in hopes that it might fix this problem.)