It works, but if my current working directory is not in a git
repository, I also get a "fatal" error, after which it outputs the
type.  For example:

> git --git-dir=/proj/git/def.git cat-file -t febdf30
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
blob

(But not that it does output "blob" after all.)  If I run this exact
same command within my local repository, I just get "blob".  Could
that "fatal" error message be messing things up?  Does Review Board's
current working directory need to be inside the bare repository?