Christian Hammond wrote:
[RE changing backend databases] Unofficially, you can do the following:

On the old site: rb-site manage /path/to/site dumpdata > dbdump.json

On the new: ..... loaddata dbdump.json

There are no guarantees it'll work, but give it a try.

Note: They will both need to be updated to the same version of RB first.

I know this is off topic but we've had success at Actian (we changed our name just last week from Ingres) with a json dump transfer.

I didn't perform the migration myself, one of my colleagues did, so I can't offer any thing other than "this is worth trying, it worked for us". Of course we moved from version X to version X (not version X to Y).

We have previously moved from version X to Y but by using the same database backend, see old thread titled "Successful upgrade from Reviewboard 0.9 to 1.0.5.1".

For the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.5 series the evolve just worked.

Chris