Plastic's a red herring. It just happens to precede the evolution failure.

For some reason, your evolution history for RB 1.0.9 doesn't include the
"changedescs" table existing. However, that was added in 1.0.9. So
something's a bit funky on that install.

Did you make a backup of the database before upgrading?