This is how we started using reviewboard: we would use it more as meeting
notes during a conference room code review.

We progressed through that by everyone reviewing the code and leaving notes,
then meeting in the conference room to go over them, but dropped the face to
face part shortly afterwards.  Reviewboard just makes it unneccessary.

but to answer your question, it works pretty well for face to face reviews.

--Jeff