Where are you seeing that it wants to connect to GitHub? It shouldn't try
that unless you've set the repository to talk to GitHub.

I don't believe you'll end up going through the proxy for this, at least not
on Review Board server when talking to Subversion.

Is Review Board and the Subversion server on the same system?

Do you have logging turned on for Review Board? Do you see any errors when
attempting to save the repository?