Hi Christian,

I Added some debug statement in the backend.py and import traceback,

2011-10-07 05:46:39,335 - WARNING - An error while LDAP-authenticating:
TypeError('expected string in list', u'u')
2011-10-07 05:46:39,336 - WARNING - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "backends.py", line 201, in authenticate
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/python_ldap-2.3.13-py2.5-linux-x86_64.egg/ldap/ldapobject.py",
line 502, in search_s
    return
self.search_ext_s(base,scope,filterstr,attrlist,attrsonly,None,None,timeout=self.timeout)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/python_ldap-2.3.13-py2.5-linux-x86_64.egg/ldap/ldapobject.py",
line 495, in search_ext_s
    msgid =
self.search_ext(base,scope,filterstr,attrlist,attrsonly,serverctrls,clientctrls,timeout,sizelimit)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/python_ldap-2.3.13-py2.5-linux-x86_64.egg/ldap/ldapobject.py",
line 491, in search_ext
    timeout,sizelimit,
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/python_ldap-2.3.13-py2.5-linux-x86_64.egg/ldap/ldapobject.py",
line 96, in _ldap_call
    result = func(*args,**kwargs)
*TypeError: ('expected string in list', u'u')*

My search list is empty, Is this because my search list is empty i am
getting above error message. Could you please provide me some pointer.

Regards,
Jack