I was using Tortoisesvn, then the team went to Git.  I've cloned the
repo top my laptop successfully and checked in changes several times.

When I got to Post review it just fails. Period. I set the review
board url in the config and git config --list showed it set along with
username and email set earlier. The $PATH shows it knows where the
python scripts are.

Wondering if anyone else is getting this in git bash 1.7.71
a) ==>  post review goes directly to the prompt in Gitbash and gives
no error messages whatsoever.

b) When I downloaded the python post review script from
http://reviewboard.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/wxpostreview/postreview.py
and manually set REVIEWBOARDURL
I  then ran in Git bash
 python postreview.py then I got the info C:\Program FIles (x86)\Git
\bin\perl.exe: *** WFSO timed out

c)   In a MSDOS cmd line window it gives me the most information.

     C:\Python27\Scripts>post-review
    The current directory does not contain a checkout from a
    supported source code repository.

    C:\Python27\Scripts>post-review -d
     >>> RBTools 0.3.4
     >>> Home = C:\Users\hschmidt\AppData\Roaming
     >>> svn info
    The current directory does not contain a checkout from a
    supported source code repository.

The windows precompiled post-review exe was installed with setuptools
0.6c11 http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools#id2
I installed Git bash with the defaults specified at this article
http://help.github.com/win-set-up-git/
I had to install Python 2.7.2 (instead of 2.5.2) to get the simplejson
and other hooks to work.

I tried a .reviewboardrc file in my $HOME and put the REPOSITORY and
REVIEWBOARD_URL in with the values in quotes after the = sign.
The repo is git. The review board was just for svn and now serves for
svn and git.

Git GUI knows of my .ssh key and see's the local cloned copy and my
recent changes I haven't committed to the file. It doesn't appear to
have a post review button within the GUI though so I can't compare.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can lend. My forehead is a bit
flat from bumping up against this.

Best regards,

Heidi Schmidt