On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Stephen Gallagher <
step...@gallagherhome.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 11:22 -0800, Christian Hammond wrote:
> > You should use the username and password you set up when you installed
> > Review Board.
> >
> > Are you using any type of auth backend?
> >
> > I believe there are issues with HTTP Basic Auth and fastcgi with
> > Apache out of the box. You should search and see if there are
> > directives you need to add to your Apache config file.
> >
> > We recommend wsgi. Fastcgi is deprecated, as there have been issues
> > that have cropped up in the past and it tends to not perform as well.
>
> How strongly do you recommend mod_wsgi, Christian? I've left the
> explicit dependency out of the Fedora package, since Review Board
> *allows* you to configure either. But do you think I should just make it
> definitive? (I added an explicit dependency on Apache already).

Good question.

mod_wsgi is, it seems, the future of Python web service integration. It's
become the de facto standard at this point. mod_python is dead, and fastcgi
is not the most reliable thing out there (at least, we've hit many issues
with it). So I think it wouldn't be terrible to depend on it, and it's
certainly what we plan to support going forward. That said, people should
always still be able to choose alternatives if it suits their needs. We'll
just have different levels of support.