Not without modifying code.

We do this so that there's a clear thread for a conversation. If two people
send reviews to the author, we want there to be one starting point for that
thread, rather than two separate threads. That's why the author gets a copy.

If you want to change this behavior, it can be modified in
reviewboard/notifications/email.py.