I am using Perforce and I want to create a trigger to update the
review-request on code submission. I am getting strange behavior when I try
to update both the changenum and the status. The changenum is changed, it
seems like a draft is created, and the status does not change. A separate
call to change the status to submitted does work.

Am I misunderstanding something, or is there a bug here?

Here is what I am doing:

D:\>curl -X PUT -F "changenum=210649" -F "status=submitted" -k --basic -u
user:pass https://reviewboard.company.com/api/review-requests/27/