On Nov 15, 2011, at 13:13, Stephen Gallagher wrote:\

> Just to let anyone know that happens to be using Review Board on an
> older system running Django 1.1.x, there's an upgrade bug that I've just
> opened at http://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/issues/detail?id=2387

How do I know what version of Django I am running?  I installed RB a long
time ago on a CentOS 5 system, and have upgraded it via easy_install and
it's running 1.5.4 now.  But unlike yum/rpm, I don't quite understand how
easy_install works and what versions of all the components needed to run
RB are installed on my system.  With rpm, I could do a "rmp -q" to figure
it all out.  Don't know what the easy_install equivalent is or if there
even is one.

So I've been wondering if I can switch to using the EPEL RPMs on my
existing system.  Has anyone ever done this (going from an easy_install
RB installation to an RPM based one) on a CentOS 5 system?  Will installing
the RPMs update all the other components (Django, Djiblets, etc.)?

> There's a workaround if you're using Postgres or sqlite (just comment
> out the offending code in the mentioned file), but it's going to hurt
> anyone with MySQL deployments.

I'm running MySQL so this statement worries me a bit.  Should it?

Alfred