On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 12:09 -0800, Christian Hammond wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2011, at 8:06, Stephen Gallagher <step...@gallagherhome.com>
> wrote:
>
> > One thing I've been toying with writing a patch for: have 'rb-site >
> install' maintain a file /var/lib/reviewboard/sites.list that would be
> a > simple list of paths on the filesystem into which Review Board
> sites > have been created.
>
> If you do this, I'll take it.
>
> We'll need to figure out the details of it.

I'm not sure what details you mean. I was thinking just a simple "one
line per site path" file, with a simple set of python routines to read
it in and write it back out.

I'd modify 'rb-site install' to append a new path to this file, then
probably also add a new option to 'rb-site upgrade' like -a/--all that
would read in the file and apply upgrades to all configured sites.

A simple file like that would make it easy to maintain with something
like puppet as well.

Question: are there any issues we might need to be aware of around
multiple RB servers pointing at the same DB instance (such as failover
machines)? In my limited experience, it's been safe to call 'rb-site
upgrade' on two such machines, but I would like to know if you have any
warnings about that.