On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 15:37 -0600, Chris Tooley wrote:
> Every single package installed by running "easy_install ReviewBoard"
> or "easy_install -U ReviewBoard" (ie: anything that gets pulled down)
> has permissions that prevents ReviewBoard from working on CentOS. I've
> now done this installation on 2 different servers and done an upgrade
> on both servers... during none of those times has it worked until I go
> in and reset all of the permissions via:
> cd /usr/lib/python2.4
> find . -type d | xargs chmod o+rx
> find . -type f | xargs chmod o+r
> I realize that doing that across the board isn't a very secure thing
> to do, but it was a far cry better than finding each file I cared
> about and changing the permissions.

For the record, I maintain Review Board RPMs for EPEL (Extra Packages
for Enterprise Linux). This is probably a much more reliable way to get
Review Board installed on CentOS 5.x.

Take a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL for instructions on
adding the EPEL repository to your RHEL or CentOS installation.

*Note: Because of the old version of python and Django available in
RHEL/EPEL, only Review Board 1.5.x is available in EPEL. Review Board
1.6.x has dependency requirements that cannot be met.