On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 6:23 AM, Stephen Gallagher
<step...@gallagherhome.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 15:37 -0600, Chris Tooley wrote:
>> Every single package installed by running "easy_install ReviewBoard"
>> or "easy_install -U ReviewBoard" (ie: anything that gets pulled down)
>> has permissions that prevents ReviewBoard from working on CentOS. I've
>> now done this installation on 2 different servers and done an upgrade
>> on both servers... during none of those times has it worked until I go
>> in and reset all of the permissions via:
>> cd /usr/lib/python2.4
>> find . -type d | xargs chmod o+rx
>> find . -type f | xargs chmod o+r
>> I realize that doing that across the board isn't a very secure thing
>> to do, but it was a far cry better than finding each file I cared
>> about and changing the permissions.
> For the record, I maintain Review Board RPMs for EPEL (Extra Packages
> for Enterprise Linux). This is probably a much more reliable way to get
> Review Board installed on CentOS 5.x.
> Take a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL for instructions on
> adding the EPEL repository to your RHEL or CentOS installation.
> *Note: Because of the old version of python and Django available in
> RHEL/EPEL, only Review Board 1.5.x is available in EPEL. Review Board
> 1.6.x has dependency requirements that cannot be met.

That's good. But, I was upgrading to ReviewBoard 1.6.3 to get some of
the newer features. "easy_install" works fine (after working through
our particularly bad proxy) up to the point where you can't actually
use it because permissions are all wrong on pretty much every python
library (Django, djiblets, ReviewBoard, etc). I'm just not sure if
this is a RHEL issue or a RB issue.