Yes Christian,  Thanks for your response.  Like you mentioned, it was a
problem with the permission provided to data directory.  Now, with all the
required permissions and ownership granted, ReviewBoard is completely
installed.  I should now be able to add LDAP authentication and
repositories.

I have a question ..
We have been doing code reviews over the email with all the explanation in
the body of the email and the patches (before commit) + modified code
passed as attachments.  I planning to format the available data to a
standard and persist to xml.  Is there a script that I could use upload all
the available data (from the xml following a schema) into the database
configured for review board ?

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
Naveen