Unfortunately, this limit is provided by Django, and we just inherited it.

To fix it, you'll need to modify reviewboard/reviews/models.py and add a
max_length=255 to the 'mailing_list = models.EMailField(...)' line.

You'll then need to generate a Django Evolution file by doing:

    ./reviewboard/manage.py evolve --hint

Copy/paste that into a file with a descriptive name in
reviewboard/reviews/evolutions/, and add the name in the __init__.py file
in the same directory.

Do this on a test install first.

After that, you can build the new version (./setup.py release bdist_egg)
and install that and do the typical rb-site upgrade.

I'd appreciate a patch on http://reviews.reviewboard.org/ if you want to do
this. Otherwise, file a bug and we'll get to it for the next 1.6 release
(won't be right away though).