Hi Christian and team,

I installed ReviewBoard 1.6.3 successfully and created a site using rb-
site install.  When I access this URL ( I
get the following output:

Manual server updates required

A recent upgrade requires manual updates to be made on this server.
After these changes are made, you should restart your server.

If you have any questions or problems, please contact us on our
mailing list.
Data directory changes

Your site's data directory isn't properly set up. This directory is
where Review Board will store various state and configuration needed
to access repositories.

Your data directory is currently at: /var/www/reviews/data
Permission problems

The data directory must be writable by the web server. On Linux/Unix/
Mac, you can fix this by typing:

    $ sudo chown -R root "/var/www/reviews/data"

On Windows, right-click the data directory and change the ownership to

I am running ReviewBoard on Ubuntu 11.10, using apache mod wsgi with

I have also changed the ownership of data and uploaded folders to www-

drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data root 4096 2012-01-10 07:41 data/
drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data root 4096 2012-01-10 07:41 uploaded/

Am I missing something here...?