Depending on how you do it, yeah, we'll accept it. Seems like a good
addition.

What I'd request is that you add new optional functions to the AuthBackend
classes (reviewboard/accounts/backends.py). There should be some function
for requesting an avatar image for a user. Should return a URL and
width/height if available. The default implementation would return the
gravatar.

The Profile class (accounts/models.py) should have a function for returning
the avatar as HTML. It would talk to the auth backend to get it.

The HTML would then use this function in the Profile class, instead of
calling into gravatars.

Then, if the LDAP field for the pictures is in any way standard (not just
specific to your install), the LDAPBackend (and ActiveDirectoryBackend if
relevant?) should return the profile from the server if available, and fall
back to the default implementation otherwise.