I think writing an extension to do what you want would be your best
bet. Using an extension you could listen to one of the review signals (not
sure which one you need), and run your script in your extension (the
extensions are python after all).

The signals you are interested in are probably in

For some example extensions see

There isn't much documentation of the extension system, which is something
I'm actually working on right now. If you need any help getting set up let
me know.