After a design discussion with ChipX86, the plans have changed a little.
Instead of allowing extensions to register with the Review Board admin
site, I'm going to add support for extensions to have their own admin site

By specifying a flag in your extension (similar to how you may set
is_configurable = true), a separate admin site instance will be created for
you, which you may register your ModelAdmins to. This will work by calling
something like extension.admin_site.register(...)

I think this will cover what you are looking to do. I'll keep you posted

Happy user? Let us know at