Hi Christian,

One example would be

Release1.0
    |----- Foo.c common with Release 1.3
Release1.3
    |----- Foo.c Common with Release 1.0
Release2.0
    |---- Foo.c Not common with Release 1.0 or 1.3

However the code changes are required for all supported releases, so the
engineer has fixed the bug and
is now wanting to get the changes approved. Rather then have each reviewer
view Foo.c for release 1.0 and 1.3,
It as they are the same files, I would rather have only one diff displayed
for 1.0 and 1.3, and then another diff for 2.0.
So somehow the diff viewer would display something similar to what is done
today with new or deleted files for release 1.3

Example:

src/Foo.c 1 change [ *Common Change: 1.0, 1.3* ]

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com>wrote:

> Hi Jacob,
>
> I think I may know what you're talking about, but an example would help.

> VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com
>

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:12 PM, jacob.j.rosales <
> jacob.j.rosa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> All,
>> I would like to add custom messages to the diff viewer when common
>> changes a change to common files across releases has been made.  I
>> would envisions this to work as the viewer does today with new files
>> and deleted files. Any pointers on how this can be achieved would be
>> much appreciated.

>> http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
>

>  --

Those who see can't do,