On 2012-02-08 05:56 , Scott Lawrence wrote:
We don't allow anonymous/unauthenticated queries against our LDAP
service.  Is it possible to set up RB 1.6.3 to use LDAP to
authenticate users by having it try to bind with the users
credentials?  (or some other method I have not thought of?)

I've since made some changes to the LDAP support that have resolved this problem for me. I believe that they should also still work for LDAP servers that do allow the initial search for the user to be done with an anonymous user credential (that is, if that is configured, it does the same sequence of LDAP operations it did before my change).

I've posted the changes: http://reviews.reviewboard.org/r/2909/