On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Tucker <j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Should I do a whole new install and migrate the DB?
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Tucker <j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I decided to try and build pylucene again on CentOs 5.2.  I kept
> > running into problems with python2.4, so I built jcc against python2.6
> > (ActivePython).  I eventually got it working (using openjdk-1.6 and a
> > modern version of ant) but ReviewBoard doesn't seem to agree and I
> > can't enable search.  Since I built jcc with python2.6 and installed
> > ReviewBoard using python2.4. this makes sense.

If you can migrate to CentOS 6 your life will be easier.

If you have to stay with CentOS 5, you can't "upgrade" Python, as in you
can't replace Python 2.4 (/usr/bin/python). You can install Python 2.6
in parallel. The EPEL <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL> repository has a
python26 package, and some dependencies you'll need like
python26-distribute, python26-mysqldb,
and python26-mod_wsgi. python26-distribute should provide a
python26 specific version of pip/easy_install you can try to use to install
Review Board. I've never tried it, but it's probably possible. Again,
CentOS 6 is easier.