Are you doing pre- or post-commit reviews?

post-review will try to send diffs for all non-binary files. There's no way to
exclude individual files except for temporarily removing them from the
changelist. If your .STEP files are actually large binaries, I'd suggest
changing the filetype in perforce.

If they're large text files which have big diffs, and you're doing post-commit
reviews, it's not a great situation. Reviewers probably won't be able to deal
with looking at very large diffs (and it's a big load on the server). You could
falsely mark the file as binary, but that might interfere with line ending
conversion (if you use that). Otherwise, it's possible that an improvement to
post-review could be made to try to drop very large diffs instead of posting
them.

- David