Okay. Just figured it out. For some reason, my easy_install was installing
things into the python2.6 dir when it should be installing to python2.4
since django and wsgi are both running on 2.4.
After I reinstalled setuptools and re-did the update for ReviewBoard,
things went back to normal and now 1.6.4.1 is working!

phew...