I am very likely hitting this error mentioned in the reviewboard admin
guide:

"
Some Apache installations (such as the default installs on Debian and
Ubuntu) by default define a global virtual host that shares /var/www
as the document root. This may lead to problems with your install. If
you access your site and see nothing but a directory listing, then
you’re affected by this problem.

The solution is to remove the “default” site from your /etc/apache2/
sites-enabled directory. This may be called something like default or
000-default.
"

First of all, my apache server configuration does not have /var/www/
root. It has /home/user/<public_html>/

I duly removed a test site from sites_enabled/ directory. But still,
it does not solve the problem. Any hints?

I am trying to access the website like this:
http://localhost/matrix_reviews where the site I created was
"matrix_reviews" and I only see a directory listing.

-Vivek