I'm trying to run post-review within a Perforce workspace without any
success.  I believe I've read all the available documentation and spent the
day investigating other peoples similar problems with should have helped
but don't seem to.

The main problem seems to be that it doesn't know there is a P4 workspace
available and is defaulting to an SVN repository (which then fails because
I don't have SVN installed at all).  I'm assuming SVN is the default if it
doesn't find any other repository type?

The error I'm getting on every attempt is the following

> GNU diff is required for Subversion repositories. Make sure it is
> installed and in the path.
> On Windows, you can install this from:
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm

I've tried various ways to set the P4 properties to give post-review a
nudge in the right direction.

Initially I set all environment variables (P4PORT, P4USER, P4CLIENT,
P4PASSWD) - something I'm not happy doing as it doesn't scale past working
on a single P4 repository, which I'm not doing.

So the process I'm going through

> Browse to folder within a workspace
> post-review <my change set no.>

Generates the error

GNU diff is required for Subversion repositories. Make sure it is installed
> and in the path.
> On Windows, you can install this from:
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm

I've set up a counter to the reviewboard address - does it matter that my
address is simply the format http://reviewboard (no trailing .com or
anything).

> reviewboard.url = http://<my reviewboard address>

My server version is

> Server version: P4D/LINUX26X86_64/2011.1/409024 (2012/01/25)

Apparently this may be a problem so I've followed the suggestion here and
modified the regex to parse the server version
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/reviewboard/jGQN3EEUGGg/2ys8zW8G4VgJ

Still generates the SVN error.

If I remove the environment variables, p4 info still produces the right
infomation about my client etc.

So I tried to use .reviewboardrc (setting REPOSITORY, REVIEWBOARD_URL,
P4_CLIENT, P4_PASSWD, P4_PORT) in both the folder I was trying to generate
the review from and the root of my client workspace but the same error
persists.

If I run post-review with the -d flag I get the following output before the
error

So I dropped the .reviewboardrc file in C:\Users\winderl\AppData\Roaming,
in-case it was looking in there but that didn't help either.

So I finally tried the command line options --p4-client, --p4-passwd and
--p4-port.

I don't think you'll be suprised to find out it did the same thing.

So I'm obviously missing something here.  It seems unable to find out there
is a P4 repository anywhere

(As an aside, why do I need to specify p4 password, when it's part of the
repository on the ReviewBoard server?  Especially as it's specified in
clear text in all these cases too)

Am I missing something obvious here or are there any suggestions on how I
might get this to work?

Thanks
Lee