Thanks for the reply, I just received a 500 error with a rather cryptic and
seemingly unrelated error message. I just did a git clone of my repo and
pointed it to the .git directory in the clone as specified in the docs with
the mirror path point to the repo, and as soon as I save it comes right
back with the 500 error. Perms and ownership look correct.

Did you generate your own key and use it, or did you have reviewboard
generate its own? I took the later approach.