This is currently not part of the system. We've always tried to keep things as
flexible as possible because people have such varying workflows, and using
text comments accomodates most things (though of course, filtering/sorting
wouldn't be included in that). I don't think it would be terribly
difficult to add
a basic deadline field, though searching/sorting is more work.

-David