Okay, so here's the situation.

I talked to GitHub and they're indeed switching to the new API, which we
are not yet using. My plan was to move to this in a 1.7.x release, but
that's too far off. Fortunately, I had some detailed plans worked out, so
I'll be spending some time on putting this into 1.6.6. I already have a
good amount of code from last night put toward this.

I've requested that GitHub list the API token somewhere until the removal,
and asked for a time extension (possibly just on the API we need). So,
we'll see if that's doable. If not, I'll do what I can to make this all
work before May 1st, but at the moment there's no way I can tell to get the
API token, unless they bring that back. They were very responsive and
understanding about all this, so I think we can work something out.

Will keep everyone updated on this.