Hello,

On Wednesday 18 April 2012 10:30:34 pm kredler wrote:
> Thanks for confirming!
>
> Can you provide a more verbose CLI example/explanation, please?
>
> suppose a->b->c->d is public
> changeset d->e' is made and posted using hg reviewboard plugin
>
> What command should be used?

hg postreview e'

> What info is sent to reviewboard?

The patch e' which also contains a reference to the parent d.

Now imagine that you send d->x->y->z where z is your patch and x and y are not
public, two patches will be sent to RB: a parent patch which is the
concatenation of x and y, which includes a reference to the public parent d,
and the actual patch to review z.

> If d->f is pushed to the public repo from a different cloned repo where f
> conflicts with e', I see that conflict in the diff viewer page that worked
> prior to f being pushed.

Then you will have to merge e' and f. The other solutions would be to rebase
e' on top of f, or apply e' as a patch on top of f.

> Is there a way to choose the changeset referenced in the public repo
> manually? (via hg reviewboard plug-in and/or via GUI)

It seems that the -m/--master option could do that. Never used it though.
Note that the plugin will send a parent patch from this specified master to
your patch.