I use clearcase to manage my code and want to upload a diff file to
reviewboard that contains a new file. I use my own script to create
new reviews and upload diff files but when I try to upload a diff that
contains a new file I get the error "The file was not found in the
repository". Anyone know how to overcome this problem?

I use the HTTP POST method to upload my diff files and this works fine
for files that already exist in the repository so the problem is
uniquely related to new files.

What does reviewboard look for in the diff file to allow new files to
be included? I guess I could hack the file to include this info to
support my script.