Hi,

The upgrade should go pretty smoothly. I of course recommend backing up the
site directory and database first, but it should just be a matter of
upgrading the ReviewBoard package, running 'rb-site upgrade' on the site
directory, and restarting the server.

How hard RB is to install depends greatly on the OS/distro, and greatly on
what packages are shipped with it. Review Board *itself* is easy to
install, but the dependencies make it hard. Aside from providing our own
package repositories for every version of every distro people use with
every dependency we require, there's unfortunately not a lot we can do
about this :(

Generally, I recommend installing on Ubuntu or a modern Fedora, as these
are the easiest to get going on. Installing on these distros in a VM is
popular option. That way, you'll have every dependency you need right there
in the package repository, and in the case of Fedora, there's actually a
ReviewBoard package you can use directly.