Review Board actively tries to stay out of this sort of policy. We don't
have anything for preventing self-reviews, and likely won't. In the end, we
have no control whether a person is allowed to submit code. That's a
company policy sort of thing. So, it doesn't make a lot of sense to prevent
a user from reviewing their own code or marking Ship It.

If you have some form of pre-commit hook that checks if code has been
reviewed, it should also be able to filter out the Ship Its from the author
quite easily.