Thanks for the quick reply!

No errors. I literally click the "Add Repository" button and nothing
happens. This is with zero repositories configured yet, so RB has no
knowledge of github yet. No proxy involved either. I ran ngrep on localhost
to see whether perhaps it was blocked somehow on MySQL, but no packets
showed up

-Tobias