I am talking about UI only. I am still able to publish without assigning
people/groups.

I used post-review -c <changelist>

This gave me UI link also opened web UI with people/group field empty, when
i pressed publish it proceeded with informing user.

How to avoid it, is there any Admin setting which i need to configure to
avoid such operation.