I didn't make one since I wasn't sure where to put it, haha. That must be
the problem.

Was running the command thusly: post-review --debug -p
--repository-url=file:///home/svn/repos/repo --revision-range=31648
--server= --username=user --password=pwd--submit-as=otherguy

Where exactly does the . reviewboardrc /root if it's running as root?