Christian, Email works now. We use zimbra for mail and it allows relays.
Have also configured exim locally and did a telnet localhost 25 to test it.
It works so I set this:
Mail Server: localhost
port: 25
No username and password

After I "publish" a review, I do see an email. I was hoping that I get
email notifications after I create a draft review via post-review but it
seems like emails are only sent when you make a "publish" action.

Thanks,
Howard