The user finally got back to me.
That was exactly the issue: user B ran post-review on user A shell, so user A was using user B sessionid cookie.

It's a bit of a fringe case but maybe there could be a config option that requires (or warns) the user if the system username doesn't match the Review Board name. It could then prompt whether we want to create or override the existing cookie, or use the new sessionid for that operation only.
But then again, it is a fringe case.

Thanks,
Dado