It's going to be whatever is in the path first. When you run diff --version
with GNU diff, you should see something like:

diff (GNU diffutils) 3.0
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
>.

Written by Paul Eggert, Mike Haertel, David Hayes,
Richard Stallman, and Len Tower.

All I can say is, make sure you have your path and the executables all set
correctly. There's not much I can really do other than suggest that.