Yes, no luck still.

Tried to put in path:
<server>:/cvsntroot/<module>
with no luck

Authentication to my CVS server seems to be working so I don't understand
what's going on.
Any tips to debug this? I don't know python but it seems to be a bug in
review-board and I want to, at least, understand what is review-board
trying to do and what's the error it's getting...

When using my apache user I can checkout from CVS with no problem: