Hi Shawn,

Strange that it'd be so picky. This would require a code change to disable,
and we'd need to make sure it doesn't break other things. There are reasons
we normalize to ssh://, so we would have to make sure nothing breaks if
that were to change.

Does Heroku support any other URI forms for Git?

For the record, we don't clone. We only validate the repository's existence
and make sure we can connect to it. You'll need to specify the raw file URL
path, which I don't know if Heroku provides. Essentially, it's an HTTP(S)
path that provides the raw contents of a file, given a revision and path
(substituting the given revision and path for "<revision>" and "<path>" in
the URL). If Heroku does not provide one we can use, then you're out of
luck.