Christian,

Thanks for the response. We're going to try a couple of things on our
workflow tomorrow to see if we can leverage the issues feature. You've
brought up some good points and perhaps we can use them to our advantage.
BTW we found the checkbox "Always open an issue when comment box opens" in
My Account Preferences -- thanks for the heads up!

I want to clarify something though. We use "OK" to indicate one of two
things:

1) "OK I've reviewed this file and found nothing wrong with it"
2) "OK I've reviewed your response to a previous comment and it's now
good/fixed."

We'll double-check it out tomorrow but it looks like the issues feature
works very well for the second item but might be lacking for the first.

The first item may seem unnecessary to some folks but we live in an FDA
regulated environment and so we would like to give a positive, active
indication that a reviewer has reviewed each and every file. The "OK" is
not passive, it's active. The reviewer has to do *something* visible to
show they've actually performed the review of a file.

On the other hand, the passive workflow (i.e. no "OK" comment) leaves some
ambiguity as to whether the reviewer a) forgot to review the file or b)
reviewed it but found nothing wrong. The "OK" removes that ambiguity.

John