Hi,

I am looking at the web page:
http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/1.6/webapi/2.0/resources/review-diff-comment-list/#webapi2.0-review-diff-comment-list-resource
know how to post comments using the API on an uploaded diff.

The comment is getting posted by using the parameters specified on the
page, but the first_line parameter doesn't seem to be working as expected.
>From the web page quoted above:

first_line (required)      Integer      The line number the comment starts
at.

The issue:
I am setting the first_line as the one where I want the comment to appear
on the updated content (right hand column in the browser). I have verified
that the request being sent to the reviewboard server has the correct
first_line value. But when I view the review using the Web browser it
appears at a different line number.

The line number is not correct even if I assume that the first_line is
based on the line numbers of the original content.

Eg:
Posted on line number 1594, displayed on:
1. New content line number 1468
2. Old content line number 1505

If I use the Web browser to post the comment on the intended line (i.e.
1594), I see that it uses first_line as 1720!

I am running version 1.6.3.

Is my understanding of the description of first_line incorrect? Any
suggestions on how to go about figuring out the cause?

Thanks,
Sundeep