Hi,

The line number is not actually the line of a file, but rather the row of
the side-by-side diff. This is for legacy reasons. Once upon a time, we
didn't have real line number information.

You'd have to figure out which row (1-based) corresponds to the line you
care about and use that number. We should document that better.