Typically, a setup like this involves multiple subdomains.

Clearly the cookies aren't respecting subdirectories. That should be
figured out. We'd need the session stuff to use the SITE_ROOT as the cookie
path.

Changing cookie names won't really help you, because post-review actually
looks specifically for the rbsessionid cookie.