Thank you for the help, Christian!

I found out why I didn't get the admin account created with the
prepare-dev.py script.  The script ended up crashing with this as the root
cause:

  File
"/proj/bd_verif_dev/users/lvineset/code_review_stuff/reviewBoard/dev/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.4.1-py2.6.egg/django/contrib/auth/management/commands/createsuperuser.py",

line 70, in handle
    default_username = get_default_username()
  File
"/proj/bd_verif_dev/users/lvineset/code_review_stuff/reviewBoard/dev/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.4.1-py2.6.egg/django/contrib/auth/management/__init__.py",

line 105, in get_default_username
    default_username = get_system_username()
  File
"/proj/bd_verif_dev/users/lvineset/code_review_stuff/reviewBoard/dev/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.4.1-py2.6.egg/django/contrib/auth/management/__init__.py",

line 85, in get_system_username
    return getpass.getuser().decode(locale.getdefaultlocale()[1])

I'm guessing that the way my company's environment is setup didn't like
that call, so I just modified the "createsuperuser.py" script to use the
default name of "admin" and all is well now for the development install.