Hi,

The mailing list is a better place for support requests.

You absolutely shouldn't see a delay of this magnitude. rbssh just isn't
that slow from my tests. So we need to narrow that down.

Can you add these to your Apache config:

    SetEnv DEBUG_RBSSH=1
    SetEnv RBSSH_LOG_DIR=/tmp/rbssh

(Or some directory, which you'll have to create)

And then restart Apache and try again.

You can also try setting those environment variables locally and connecting
rbssh to somewhere.

There should be a log file in that directory. I'm interested in what it
says, and where the big gaps are in timestamps there.

I can't imagine why rbssh would open and close about 20 SSH sessions.
Nothing there makes any sense. Unless you're talking about a diff with 20
files, in which case, yes, you'll get one connection per file. This isn't a
bug.

As for sftp, you can pass -s sftp to rbssh (just like with ssh) to get the
sftp subsystem.