Thanks for the reply Chris. Btw, is this something we'd expect to see
later down the line? For e.g. for code reviews, I can understand why
one would expect to see reviewboard bound tighly with a VCS. However,
this feature looks like it'd be useful, especially exploring using it
for applications where data is being persisted as documents in a nosql
database (basically schemaless json) and you'd like to track how it
evolved over time. Removing the restriction to a VCS hook would be
very useful here. Thanks!